At Northern Ride we aim to provide an approachable and quality service. As a family-owned business, we pride ourselves on building long lasting and customer focused relationships.
Our Brands: We have carefully selected our brands to provide you the customer with a choice of complimentary bicycles from a range of premium manufactures. We are premium stockists of Bianchi, Cervelo, Colnago, Focus, Frog, Lapierre and Sarto bikes. We carefully selected our range of brands to provide you, our customer with a complimentary range of bicycles to suit your desired needs.
Our ethos is 'Entry Level to Elite' and we endeavour to provide you with an open and welcoming service. If you make an initial enquiry, we will discuss the product or service that is most suitable for you whether this, be a product, bike fit or one of our other services. We take pride in our approach as an inclusive bicycle shop stocking balance bike, somebody's first road or mountain bike all the way to superbikes from our bespoke and custom geometry Italian manufacturers. More recently we have seen a strong uptake in E-Bikes and keeping true to our ethos we now stock a range of E-MTB and E-Bikes available to demo and help you decide which is the most suitable for your requirements.
Buying a bike at Northern Ride Starting to look for a new bike can be a confusing and daunting task, there are now so many brands available and so much information is available online, often contradictory. When you contact or enter Northern Ride with an initial enquiry, we will discuss your requirements and provide options that fit your needs and budget. We will explain in depth why we have chosen a specific manufacturer, geometry and why that particular model is suitable for you.
Events: At Northern Ride we established a National B town centre criterium attracting over 400 participants across categories and 6,000 visitors to the town. In addition, the Yorkshire Mountain Bike Marathon is now in its fifth year, an endurance MTB event across 12,000 acres of private land.
Northern Ride is an independent family business. Our employees currently include the business owners Kevin Clark and Ashley Clark alongside assistant manager Ash Coning.
Kevin has over 25 years' experience in the aerospace industry working in design and problem solving for a globally revered UK company. Kevin retired from the aerospace industry to pursue a secondary career in his later life passion of cycling. First managing a premium bicycle shop that helped grow Lapierre into a dominant mountain bike brand in the UK. Kevin is Cytech Qualified, Fox Authorised and a Campagnolo Pro Shop Technician whilst also maintaining the ability to think outside the box from his previous career.
Ride: Kevin has completed several single speed National Championship events alongside the iconic 3 Peaks cyclocross in the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Mor recently he has taken on the Coast-to-Coast ride and enjoys hours in the saddle in his many visits to Scotland. Kevin is also our lead in designing and maintaining and improving the trails of our established event, the Yorkshire Mountain Bike Marathon.
- Bianchi XR3 Disc, Super Record and Miche Supertype
- Bianchi XR4 Disc, Super Record EPS and Miche Supertype
- Bianchi Nitron, Sram GX, WTB
- Bianchi Rigid Single Speed, Reynolds Carbon Fork, Miche 998
- Bianchi Methanol CV, Sram XX1, Rock Shox Sid, Crankbrothers Cobalt
- Colnago C64, Super Record & Bora WTO 45
- Colnago C68, Ultegra Di2 & DT Swiss Arc 1600
- Focus Izalco Max 9.7, Sram Force AXS and DT Swiss ARC 1450 Wheelset
- Focus Raven, XT & Crankbrothers Cobalt
- Lapierre Xelius FDJ, Ultegra Di2 and Miche Supertype Wheelset
Ashley established Northern Ride in collaboration with Kevin, his father, in 2013. Ashley has since become one of the only people in the UK that has trained with both Eric O'Reilly of cyclingposition.com and Paul Swift of bikefit.com two of the leading independent bike fit specialists in the world. After gaining experience bike fitting, Ashley specialises in custom builds from designing custom geometry bicycles in collaboration with Sarto and other bespoke manufacturers, taking biomechanical measurements and using our bike fit jig to assess your perfect setup. Ashley will then work with your desired custom brand to create a geometry that is suitable to your fit. Having conducted 1000's of Bike Fits and worked on numerous custom geometry framesets from customers around the UK and at a distance in Japan, Qatar, Dubai and the USA.
Ride: Ashley has raced National XC mountain bike and gained sponsorship in the UK via Orbea, CNP and Vittoria. He spent several seasons racing cyclocross, criteriums and road races and is now more focused on completing iconic rides, recently completing the Scotland North Coast 500 in 3 days. Ashley has also visited and ridden at the headquarters of Bianchi, Cervelo, Focus, Lapierre and Sarto, in addition to product launches across Europe including the Italian lakes, Alps and Pyrenees. The highlight event so far has was the Gran Fondo Nel Parco whilst attending a Sarto product launch.
- Bianchi XR4, Super Record EPS & Fulcrum Wind
- Bianchi Specialissima, Sram Red AXS & Enve 3.4 SES
- Bianchi Methanol CV FS, XTR &, DT Swiss XM1501
- Cervelo S5 Disc, Ultegra Di2 &DT Swiss ARC 1450
- Cervelo R5 Disc, Dura Ace Di2 &Reserve 60
- Cervelo R Disc, Ultegra & Reserve 60
- Cervelo P5X, DA DI2 & DT Swiss ARC 1600
- Colnago V3RS Disc, Sram Red AXS &Enve 3.4 SES
- Focus Cayo, Dura Ace & Miche Supertype
- Focus Mares, Ultegra & DT Swiss P1400
- Lapierre XR, Sram XO1 & Mavic Crossmax
- Scapin Etika RC, Dura Ace &Miche Supertype
- Sarto Asola, Super Record Mechanical & Campagnolo Bora
After working with us part-time since the age of 15, Ash moved to Portugal at the age of 18 to pursue a career in professional cycling. After racing professionally with Miranda - Mortágua for 2 years, Ash re-joined Northern Ride full time. Ash now specialises in the Bike Fit process, ensuring customers on new bikes and their own are in the optimum position. Ash takes the lead on many electric and road bike sales and is extremely knowledge on all new products.
- Epoca RS99 Custom Build, Dura Ace, Miche Supertype
- Epoca R30 Custom Build, Dura Ace, Miche Revox
- Focus Cayo, Ultegra, Miche Supertype
- Focus Mares, Ultegra, DT Swiss
- Lapierre Xelius SL7, Ultegra Di2 12 Speed, Lapierre Carbon
- Bianchi Specialissima, Ultegra Di2 12 Speed, ZIPP 303S