Cervelo S5 Disc 2022 | Cervelo UK Stockist
The S5 is an aerodynamic road bike built for the fastest sprinters in the world. It is stiffer and more aerodynamic than ever before, while offering excellent comfort and ride quality. If you live for the exhilaration of going fast, the S5 will give you every possible advantage.
The 2022 S5 is the outcome of a comprehensive redesign that married Cervélo’s leading aerodynamics research/knowledge with an acute focus on the rider’s experience and needs. First, we went back to the aerodynamics drawing board and challenged ourselves to see every component’s shape in fresh ways. But then, instead of continuing to refine components, we changed our focus in two ways:
(1) Cervelo considered entire zones on the bike.
(2) Cervelo minutely examined how bike and rider work as a total aerodynamic system.
Expanding our thinking this way gave Cervelo's teams far more design space in which to balance stiffness, handling, and comfort while—always and above all—delivering fast. The result is the fastest and most comfortable aero road bike Cervélo has ever created.
• Aerodynamic savings of 5.5 watts (42 grams of drag) achieved, compared to the 2014 S5 with AB04 (build standardized).
• Head tube stiffness increased by 13% to improve handling.
• Bottom bracket stiffness increased by 25% to increase pedal input and support the additional head tube stiffness.
• Bottom bracket dropped to lower the rider’s centre of gravity, providing greater stability during high speeds and turning.
• Trail length increased to provide greater stability.
• Trail values unified across all sizes, for superior ride and handling qualities at all frame sizes—a particular benefit for smaller frames.
• Aero cockpit comprehensively redesigned to allow concealment of both mechanical and electronic control cables, while allowing easy adjustability.
• Stem stack range of up to 30mm (in 5mm increments).
• Handlebar stack range of 2.5mm, independent of stem.
• Handlebar pitch adjustment in two steps, to 2.5 degrees or 5 degrees.
• Compatibility with standard stems and handlebars to accommodate the widest fit range possible.
See all the details from the 2021 Cervelo S5 Disc Tech Paper here.
Ordering: We offer competitive pricing, complimentary bike fits and quality servicing. Contact us or visit the 'Order Process' page for more details.
Upgrades: Contact us with your upgrade or component alterations, we will endeavour to create your desired specification at purchase whilst maintaining a competitive price.
Availability: E: firstname.lastname@example.org | T: 01653 699070 | Chat live now!